We are looking for an experienced Accountant that will provide professional support to the Financial Controller (FC) across all responsibilities of the FC and as may be required.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Accountant will provide professional support to the Financial Controller in designing and managing the implementation of the entire financial strategy and framework for the company in Nigeria and West Africa. This would include provision of support in the management of investments, risk minimization plans, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow management, income and expenses reports, developing and implementing systems for collecting, analysing, verifying and reporting financial information across West Africa.
The Accountant will support the FC in overseeing and managing company accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems in line with the company’s Finance policy, IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), etc.
The Accountant’s responsibilities will also include provision of support to the FC in the management of investments, Profit & Loss, Cash Flow management, income and expenses reports, monitoring budget performance on all projects and financial guidance to all units/departments.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant working experience (some of which must have been spent in a Marketing Communications Agency)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline from any recognized institution
- Should be ACCA or ICAN certified (Or at the verge of being certified)
- The ideal candidate needs;
- Strong communication and people management skills
- An in depth understanding of tax regulations and compliance
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary controls
- Strong analytical, technical, numeracy and financial skills to aid in executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- In depth understanding of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) , GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)etc.
- Hands on experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Hands on experience in the implementation of ERP systems/ accounting software e.g. SAP, Oracle, etc.
- The ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must have a strong personality and be firm
- Must be able to work with little or no supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent team working skill